Rawlco Radio Announcement
Prairie Sky Chamber of Commerce is proud to showcase our member feature this week Cora Breakfast! Cora Breakfast is a breakfast and brunch restaurant located at 3020 Preston Ave S #100. With a great selection of breakfast food and brunch items to chose from such as...
Martensville Business Expo will be taking place again this year on March 24&25th. This year, there will be a job fair taking place on the Friday evening. Business are able to join the job fair and expo if they so chose, or to donate their job fair booth to a non...
Join us on January 18th, over the lunch hour (12-1pm) for a Lunch & Learn work shop on Onboarding & Retaining Staff. This workshop is presented by Homefield People & Strategy who provides a variety of solutions from one on one coaching, business strategy,...
Prairie Sky Chamber of Commerce is proud to showcase our member feature this week, Snap Fitness Warman! Snap Fitness is Warman's newest gym. With a great selection of equipment to chose from, such as squat racks, press, hack squats. They also have a great selection of...
Employment Standards Division To Host Free Webinars
Beginning January 31, 2018, the Employment Standards Division of the Ministry of Labour Relations and Workplace Safety will host a series of free webinars for Saskatchewan employers, employees and organizations. Their goal is to raise awareness about employment standards topics many employers and employees would like to know more about.
The webinar series will cover a variety of topics about Saskatchewan’s Employment Standards legislation including overtime, scheduling, payment of wages, employing young workers and more. Each webinar will take approximately 45 minutes to an hour, including time at the end of each session for questions. Many or all of these topics may interest your employees or members.
Each session begins at 1:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (Regina). To register for each webinar just click on the registration link below. The link will take you directly to the GoToWebinar registration form.
• Overview of Employment Standards January 31 (ID: 236-271-219) https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6375842916939605763
This webinar will provide an overview of some of the main features of employment standards in Saskatchewan under Part II of The Saskatchewan Employment Act.
• Vacations and Vacation Pay February 14 (ID: 966-605-587) https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1729858732795513091
This webinar will help you understand vacation entitlements, the rules for taking a vacation, and vacation pay.
• Schedules and Hours of Work February 28 (ID: 924-637-099) https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/11341849791228675
This webinar discusses Saskatchewan’s employment standards for schedules and hours of work. These rules help to determine when overtime applies.
• Overtime Rules March 14 (ID: 368-498-195) https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2740847579908029699
This webinar discusses overtime provisions under Saskatchewan’s employment standards. This webinar also discusses the rules for calculating overtime for employees who are not paid by the hour.
• Modified Work Arrangements and Averaging Hours Permits April 4 (ID: 876-603-907) https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1690395061452465922
This webinar discusses the requirements for applying for an Averaging of Hours Permit and how to set up a Modified Work Arrangement to vary the overtime rules under Saskatchewan’s employment standards.
• Layoff and Termination April 18 (ID: 335-438-243) https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6766512593268238851
This webinar reviews the requirements for ending employment relationships under Saskatchewan’s employment standards.
• Employment Standards in Foodservices May 2 (ID: 735-237-307) https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5407014844034874883
This webinar discusses topics that are common concerns for the food service industry.
• Payment of Wages May 16 (ID: 328-966-435) https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6060019197817598211
This webinar discusses the employment standards for paying employees and keeping payroll records.
• Rules for Employing Youth May 30 (ID: 247-488-283) https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/681354548946349314
This webinar will discuss the requirements for employing young people.
• Public Holiday Pay and Premium Pay June 13 (ID: 839-820-107) https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2419065607274686723
This webinar will discuss the rules for calculating public holiday pay and premium pay.
• Common Employment Standards Misconceptions June 20 (ID: 255-730-131) https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8704815253595777283
This webinar will discuss common misconceptions about Employment Standards legislation.